CipherOptics is proud to introduce the industry’s first and only global data security solution for application communications.
Large enterprises have hundreds or even thousands of applications in use with data traversing countless networks, servers and appliances. Many of these applications have their own security, which must be managed separately. In some cases, there are also legacy applications that do not have security at all. This presents a huge problem for security administrators, as securing application data flows has become complex, time consuming and expensive.
CipherOptics’ Application Domain Security solution is the first solution to consolidate and simplify the management of security for multiple enterprise application data flows.
The CipherOptics Application Domain Security solution:
- Simplifies and consolidates security management for complex IT infrastructures
- Provides security services for multiple application data flows
- Protects the end-to-end data communications of business applications
Defining Application Domains
For a given enterprise, security administrators define one or more Application Domains. An Application Domain is comprised of the set of devices (such as servers, end stations, PoS devices, ATMs or other computing devices) that use or contain one or more applications. Each group of devices then receives a common set of security policies, encryption keys and other security services.
All data flows within an Application Domain are secured with a common set of policies and security tools, which are all centrally managed. Examples of applications include point-of-sale, back office, financial or healthcare applications. Multiple and even overlapping Application Domains, each containing multiple applications, can be created and secured within the same enterprise network.
CipherOptics’ Applications Domain Security solution helps security administrators greatly simplify the task of securing application data flows by consolidating creation, distribution and management of policies and keys for many applications. This breakthrough solution in application data security is made possible by leveraging the CipherEngine Services Platform. This open and secure architecture utilizes a simplified Java-based interface for security management applications.
The Application Domain Security solution helps security administrators simplify the task of securing application data flows, improve the overall security posture and save both time and expense. The solution features include:
- A single centralized tool that consolidates control and management for application data security across multiple Application Domains
- Open interfaces that support a variety of existing applications while allowing future additions
- Availability of security services for third-party applications
- Support for a variety of software platforms including Solaris, Linux and Windows. In the future, additional platforms, such as Windows CE and Windows Mobile, may be added.
The CipherOptics Application Domain Security Solution allows you to consolidate your application data security and gives you the power to protect all of your application data flows with a single, easy to use tool.